Switch Account

Does being a Fios Internet subscriber mean Fios is my "TV Provider"?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Does being a Fios Internet subscriber mean Fios is my "TV Provider"?

Message 1 of 2
(231 Views)

I'm considering returning to Fios for Internet. We really only watch two stations (one broadcast, one cable, both of which are available as apps on AppleTV.) These apps typically require activation via your TV Provider even though they are on AppleTV. My question is: If I choose not to add a TV package, then when I am asked by the app to activate it via my TV provider, will it work to activate it through Verizon? Or is this not a route I can use to stream content via those apps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Does being a Fios Internet subscriber mean Fios is my "TV Provider"?

Message 2 of 2
(226 Views)

No. If you don’t subscribe to a TV package then you won’t be able to view those channels with your Verizon account. You’ll either have to choose a Verizon TV package with those channels or use a streaming service. 
I would honestly go with a streaming service because Verizon will likely make you get a set-top box is you get one of their TV packages. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Does being a Fios Internet subscriber mean Fios is my "TV Provider"?

Message 2 of 2
(227 Views)

No. If you don’t subscribe to a TV package then you won’t be able to view those channels with your Verizon account. You’ll either have to choose a Verizon TV package with those channels or use a streaming service. 
I would honestly go with a streaming service because Verizon will likely make you get a set-top box is you get one of their TV packages. 

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.