Does my Fios Westell router have a wireless session timeout?
davef
Enthusiast - Level 2

My new Dell Studio 7 laptop, running Win 7 connects wirelessly just fine, but if I don't use the internet for a few hours, the wireless session is dropped and sometimes requires a reboot to reestablish connectivity. I've trid changing network card power saving settings, but no joy. So, is there a timeout on a wireless session by the router?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does my Fios Westell router have a wireless session timeout?
davef
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply. It turns out that it was the drivers for the wireless card that were the problem. Dell support worked on replacing these for about 4 hours remotely, and the wireless connection has remained intact for a few days now, so it wasn't the router (timeout) or the power setting (wireless card or computer) that were causing the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the model and exact ver of that Westell?

For example if that was the Actiontec: MI-424-WI, Rev C.

#2 A reboot is required of what (the router / your PC/ both the router and the PC) ?

0 Likes
davef
Enthusiast - Level 2

The router is a Westell Ultraline Series3

Model: A90-9100EM15-10

Rev A

Shipped Firmware Ver: 09/08-A

Current Firmware Version: 1.03.00.08

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
davef
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply. It turns out that it was the drivers for the wireless card that were the problem. Dell support worked on replacing these for about 4 hours remotely, and the wireless connection has remained intact for a few days now, so it wasn't the router (timeout) or the power setting (wireless card or computer) that were causing the problem.

0 Likes