Does the FIOS Router MI424WR Rev I support jumbo frames
nhasan112

Hi everyone,

I just recently got my FIOS service installed with the 150/65 Mbps service. I was a little bit relucatant to remove my D-Link DIR-655 router as i've been using it for a few yrs w/o any issues. However since I have the TV service, I'm forced to use the VZ MI424WR Rev I router. I did notice that I only get near 100 Mbps download speed from my D-Link vs 149 Mbps on the VZ router.

I have a Synology NAS at home which i've enabled for jumbo frames. Can anyone tell me if the MI424WR supports jumbo frames as i've gotten mixed answers from searching online.

Thanks!

NH

0 Likes
Re: Does the FIOS Router MI424WR Rev I support jumbo frames
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@nhasan112 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I just recently got my FIOS service installed with the 150/65 Mbps service. I was a little bit relucatant to remove my D-Link DIR-655 router as i've been using it for a few yrs w/o any issues. However since I have the TV service, I'm forced to use the VZ MI424WR Rev I router. I did notice that I only get near 100 Mbps download speed from my D-Link vs 149 Mbps on the VZ router.

I have a Synology NAS at home which i've enabled for jumbo frames. Can anyone tell me if the MI424WR supports jumbo frames as i've gotten mixed answers from searching online.

Thanks!

NH

Verizon and ActionTec don't specifically state that the MI424WR Rev. I will support Jumbo Frames. Granted, a few other routers state the same, but still process Jumbo frames. Your best bet is to set up two devices, such as your computer and the NAS with Jumbo support and using a packet sniffer or benchmarking program, check to see if it's passing data larger than 1532 (1500) byte packets. The devices should scale back if Jumbo cannot be passed through the ActionTec.

For the DIR-655 speed issue, just double check to verify the D-Link is actually connecting up to the ActionTec with a Gigabit link. Ideally you should not be creating a Double NAT situation, but you should be able to hit 200+Mbps with that router. Granted, the ActionTec does have a significantly faster CPU and more RAM, so just for some food for thought.

0 Likes