Down grading my Webspace to 10mb
clunkclunk98

I have been trying to delete my additional webspace for months and I have had no luck through customer service.  I have deleted my websites, nothing exists on the verizon server that is mine. Yet my status bar still shows that I am using 30mb of space and when I make it to the delete webspace page where I can toggle the choice to have only 10mb of space, that toggle is not available, the only one availabe is the one for $4.95, they won't let me downgrade completely to the free webspace amount.

Anyone have a clue?  Verizon tech support is worthless over the phone.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Down grading my Webspace to 10mb
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried going to ftp://mysite.verizon.net/ and logging in to remove any content from there? This goes directly to your files and should open up in a Windows Explorer-type window. Just select what you want to get rid of and hit delete. (Or right-click and delete, if you prefer.)

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions!

View solution in original post

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried going to ftp://mysite.verizon.net/ and logging in to remove any content from there? This goes directly to your files and should open up in a Windows Explorer-type window. Just select what you want to get rid of and hit delete. (Or right-click and delete, if you prefer.)

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions!

clunkclunk98

Thank you somegirl it worked!  Thank you for your help, you have done what half a dozen online and phone verizon techs have not been able to help me with over the last 3 months.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Glad to see you got your issue resolved!

I'm sorry to hear that you've had poor experiences with Verizon's technical support, and I hope you have better luck in the future. I seem to have good luck getting agents who know what they are doing, but I know not everyone does.

Don't forget that if your agent doesn't seem to be able to help you, you can ask for a supervisor at any time. Just make sure that if you *do* get a fantastic agent that you ask to speak to their supervisor and let them know they are doing a good job!

0 Likes