Download location for WiFi Connect software
swanscn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am attempting to find the location this is stored on. I have seen other posts that point to a location that does not work (for me at least). I have followed all the instructions, but I have a account already this seems to cause a problem. I am attempting to install the software on my new laptop but can not get to the location to download the software.

The link below does not help me find the software.

https://www22.verizon.com/foryourhome/MyAccount/Main/MyVerizon/MyVzNOverView.aspx

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Download location for WiFi Connect software
BrokenClaw
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks to all the users who have spent so much time on this issue. NO THANKS to Verizon. I had the software installed on my laptop for a long time, but I couldn't get it to update. So I thought I'd just uninstall it and download the newest version. After signing in to my Verizon web account and clicking and searching the website for who-knows-how-long, I finally found this forum through a Bing search! The link that worked for me is the one stated above:

http://my.verizon.com/central/vzc.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vzcp_wifi_manage

On that page it showed my Wi-Fi ID with a link to "Download WiFi Connect", which worked. Of course, the sad thing is that Verizon WiFi hotspots are fading away, so the service is practically useless to me anymore. Hotels want to charge for WiFi and restaurants offer free WiFi.

I don't know who does Verizon's website, but they need to hire new people. I get so frustrated with dead links and "service unavailable" messages, in addition to poor content management like this.

View solution in original post

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
swanscn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks but none of the sublinks on any of those pages actually allow me to download the wi-fi connect software again

0 Likes
swanscn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still no joy. I keep looking on the Verizon site for instructions (that work) on how to install Wi-Fi connect on a new laptop. This is different than a new install that worked fine on my old laptop. THerefore the links listed above do not help me at all.

How does one install a new copy of wi-fi connect, after a account has been created? I thought  I was onto something but it failed at user-id creation, always saying I entered a invalid ID (which I did not).

If there is anyone on this board from Verizon who can post a link?

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

How correct you are.  There appears to be no way to download the client apart from first registration, possibly because of the so called single sign on at verizon central.  Even though there is meant to be an sso I have at least 3 different id's that take me to different places from the sso login screen.  If I enter my wifi login it takes me to a page that appears to be about wireless phone access.  If I then sign out and sign on again with the same wifi id I get the screen seen in the attachment - this would appear to be where one should be able to download the client but the url appears to say that I had a login failure and selecting Ok send me back the verizon central sign on screen which then sends me back to the page that I strted on

http://www22.verizon.com/foryourhome/MyAccount/Protected/Overview/MyOverview.aspx

Let me see if I can get an answer from someone in Verizon as I'd like to try again to see if I can find a hotspot anywhere that works.

0 Likes
MatthewH12
Contributor - Level 1
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@MatthewH12 wrote:

Try these:

Main Wi-Fi page, after logging into verizon.net using your main INTERNET ID not verizon.com id: http://www.verizon.net/central/vzc.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vzcp_wifi_manage

Download Link after logging in: http://www.verizon.net/central/portlets/wifi/submitWIFI.jsp?mode=download

Installer Link: https://activatemywifi.verizon.net/sdcCommon/download/WIFI/VZ.WIFI_2010_2010_19_9_28_6_3591va8.app.e...

Good Luck!

What is main INTERNET ID  - what is that primarily used for?  I have an email id, a wifi id and a verizon.com id.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

AH  I see, it's apparently my verizon email id

and yes it appears to allow you to download the software again, although it says it's the registration software.  I need to try this on the laptop that I need it on instead of this desktop machine.

Looks like the third link is the one to use after having logged on

0 Likes
jbmwirelessuser

So nice - the only way to find help on what should be a direct link, or a logical navigation is via some one not even part of Verizon who went out of their way on their own effort to find the hidden link to get the WiFI software install.

Way to go Verizon - frustrate your customers, create dissatisfied users and put up obscure and misleading support screens.

I'm annoyed I spent time hunting around and around for widgets that don't seem to exist and links that don't seem to be connected to any user accessible page.

The Director who approved this for release - should be released.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mindlessrants wrote:

So nice - the only way to find help on what should be a direct link, or a logical navigation is via some one not even part of Verizon who went out of their way on their own effort to find the hidden link to get the WiFI software install.

Way to go Verizon - frustrate your customers, create dissatisfied users and put up obscure and misleading support screens.

I'm annoyed I spent time hunting around and around for widgets that don't seem to exist and links that don't seem to be connected to any user accessible page.

The Director who approved this for release - should be released.

Well I was going to say it's actually much easier.

You just have to go to www.verizon.net which I finally discovered is what everybody call the main page, and then logon with your email address and password and there is (was) a link there to modify your wifi settings

Unfortunately I never access that url and never use that id and password which is why I had issues ever finding the stuff.

Now today, I just tried it and after logging in get welcome to new verizon home page, or something like that, and after selecting continue get

Error 500--Internal Server Error

From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1: 10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Another not so succesful implentation I guess.

0 Likes