Re: Download location for WiFi Connect software
Hubrisnxs
Legend
0 Likes
jbmwirelessuser

Tried the link in the prior post - that seems to be for new registrations - not what I wanted....I was able to get it installed on one laptop yesterday.   What I couldn't seem to find was a way to get it on my second laptop.

The link prior seemed to want to put a fresh install - new user id/password - and that would just get hung up.

I found tonight - https://activate.verizon.net/fiosreg/cntl/wifi/wifi_accessing_your_account after logging in on the verizon page (which takes you to verizon.com....) trying to chose my internet service (didn't see any links for wifi on the page after sign in).  then choosing manage my broadband and extras - then finding a stacked set of links for My Account, My Services and Support.  Then clicking on My Services and lo and behold a link when this suddenly became an expanded choice menu to "Manage my Verizon Wi-FI"  http://my.verizon.com/central/vzc.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vzcp_wifi_manage

Perfectly obvious - and no it was not listed as a subselection on the top list of My Verizon Services - but was a tiny link on that page when I clicked it.

I had the same error 500 or whatever yesterday using the link that was posted by another person.

Its just an example of how to make it hard, confusing and less helpful that it possibly should.   Are you listening Verizon?????

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mindlessrants wrote:

Its just an example of how to make it hard, confusing and less helpful that it possibly should.   Are you listening Verizon?????

I am not sure but I quote from http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Network-outages/m-p/224323#M14604

These Forums are a place where users help other users. If you need an answer from Verizon directly please Contact Us.
0 Likes
billrp
Enthusiast - Level 2

It looks like this has still not been resolved, so to repeat:

Does anyone have a link to the page where the Verizon WiFi connect software for PC and for Mac can be downloaded?

I tried tech support chat, and they can't help with this problem. I then tried 877-269-9441, but I've been on hold for 20 minutes.

Thanks.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Seems like various folks have tried to get you a link.  Try this one and see if you can get anywhere:

1.  http://my.verizon.com

2.  In the upper right hand corner select Sign In

3.  Logon with your Verizon credentials.  For me its my verizon.net email username only

4.  Once you have logged on click "my verizon services".  Under my verizon services select services overview

5.  In the middle of the screen see if there is a wifi section.  Topics are Manage my wifi, find wifi hotspots, download client

6.  Select download client.

Does this help?

0 Likes
billrp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's the download URL for the Windows Verizon WiFi connect PC software:

wbadownload.verizon.net/vz_wifi_connect.exe

I had to spend about an hour on the phone with several tech support departments.

Verizon's website is a disaster  - there seems to be no way to consistently get to this download by clicking through.  In fact, one CS tech wanted to webex/gotomypc to my pc to try his own favorite random clicks, by I just said no.

WTReally
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well I finally have been able to get some results. Thank you guys for your posts they really helped guide me through but I still got stuck on one issue. I too have Windows 7 64bit and I am using IE-9. For some reason unknoewn to me, when I get through the sign-on process and get to the register screen the option to "RUN" is not available and the message on the page says to only RUN, save or save to are not allowed. This drove me crazy for hours.

Finally I decided to download Firefox and go through the process again. Success!!

Rob_Stone
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so very much!!! I have been trying to get this @#$#@ software downloaded and installed.  It has been a nightmare.  Again than you for your post it worked for me as well.

pnag

I can't get thsi WiFi SW anywhere in teh links mentioned above. They are all either timing out or I get a message about cookies being turned OFF. I am sure there is no cokie issue  - is VERIZON trying to platy with people here - making it harder than it should be? 

I cannot get in touch with any tech to get this setup, they hang up on me when I call after they are done trying to sell me more verizon services.

Help please? I can't afford to spend too much time on this.

0 Likes
samc

This is the link I got today to manage the wifi acct I had setup - it allowed me to download the client and reset my PW - I had a previous acct set up - just needed to reset my PW and get the client - I told the tech guy that the web site does not explain any details about the WIFI setup - if you try to access the www.verizon.com/wifi site it just cycles trying  to login and never lets you access. This wifi set up info is still so hard to access it is crazy - HELLO Verzion!!!!!! Fix this wifi setup access - it is a pain that I should have to call tech support and spend 30 minutes trying to do this - even the tech guy said this should be fixed so I do not have to call in for this help.

http://my.verizon.com/central/vzc.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vzcp_wifi_manage

0 Likes