Download speed not better after speed upgrade
cap532ny

My Fios connection went from 50/50 to 75/75 yesterday. I  ran some tests today, and my upload speed has definitely increased. But the tests indicate no increase in my download speed.

I've run multiple tests on different sites, rebooted my router and computer, and ran the Fios speed optimizer tool. But my download speed is still in the mid-50s, when it should be 75.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Download speed not better after speed upgrade
jonjones1
Legend

https://www.verizon.com/SpeedTest/instantinternet.aspx

If this did not show proper speeds 1-800-VERIZON have them either provision properly or send a truck roll to your residence.

0 Likes
cap532ny

Multiple tests show my download speed in the mid-high 50s. I upgraded from 50/50 to 75/75 on Friday but only my upload speed reflects the new plan.

A tech is coming on Monday. Anyone have any guesses as to what might be going on? Just curious so I know what to possibly expect. I have a Rev. I router and my ONT is the same one originally installed 7 years ago.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

It may be the router needs a firmware update. Did you ever consider getting your own router? Or maybe the new Quantum Gateway G-1100? 

Did you know about the new Gigabyte speeds for fios in many areas? You could possibly get stand alone Gigabyte for $70 or double play for $75 or triple play for $80 (double & triple plays incur fees and taxes but stand alone internet does not)

Hope it all works out tomorrow 😀

0 Likes
cap532ny

I can rule out the router needing a firmware upgrade. I checked, and it's up to date.

0 Likes