Downloads randomly getting stuck via Wi-Fi
Vigz
Contributor - Level 1

Hello,

For the past week, downloading files have been a pain via wireless. For some odd reason, when I download a file, it will go midway and will randomly stop. It happens on any file, big or small.  At first, I thought it could be a wireless adapter issue so I replaced it with another one. The problem still continued. I went onto my phone. Shockingly, it couldn't download an app properly either. Magically, everything works fine wired. But this is just absolutely ridiculous. I mean yes it's wireless but it should at least download something, regardless of speed. I contacted Verizon Support and they blamed me and all of my devices since the wired tests were justifiable. I have the Rev. I ActionTec router. Is the wifi portion of the router not working correctly? The technicians rebooted and then reset the router back to factory defaults.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Downloads randomly getting stuck via Wi-Fi
kenaull1
Enthusiast - Level 2

fixed it.  put the phone in safe mode.  This is done by pressing the power button, then on the powerdown pop up, touch and hold power down.  This reboots in safe mode.  It stays in that mode until the next reboot (shows a little tag on the lower left screen).  Safe mode disables all third party apps.  This allowed me to rabidly update all the play store third party applications, which fixed the problem after I rebooted the phone out of safe mode.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you seeing an indication of disconnection? Have you tried another channel?

0 Likes
Vigz
Contributor - Level 1

No, all devices say they are connected to the internet. Windows doesn't say that it has limited connectivity. I've tried Automatic, 1, 6, and 11.  Windows 8.1 has a task manager that allows you to view performance of network, hard drive, ram, etc. Network shows send and recieve. Whenever the download stops, the recieve value is 0kbps and fluctuates between 32 to 144 kbps. Normally it's between 10-40 mbps. On my Android phone, I constantly recieve error messages from the Google Play store to download an app. I have to keep retrying until it eventually finishes.

0 Likes
kenaull1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just wanted to let you know that your problem appears to be pervasive.

Nothing works other than using my expensive Verizon LTE bandwidth.

Could this beon purpose?

0 Likes
Vigz
Contributor - Level 1

I saw another thread of multiple users experiencing this problem as well as others. Apparently, it could have something to do with alter.net which is like the backbone for Verizon's internet service. http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Have-you-been-getting-timeouts-and-other-weird-connection...

0 Likes
kenaull1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Getting worse, not even LTE works.  Have 11 updates stuck on Play Store.  Big companies pointing the finger at each other.  Starting to miss dialup and teletype.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

How tight is the memory on your phone.  Could be something wrong with your phone?   Since you say LTE is also not able to do this you my want to  take this over to a wireless forum for you phone model.

0 Likes
kenaull1
Enthusiast - Level 2

fixed it.  put the phone in safe mode.  This is done by pressing the power button, then on the powerdown pop up, touch and hold power down.  This reboots in safe mode.  It stays in that mode until the next reboot (shows a little tag on the lower left screen).  Safe mode disables all third party apps.  This allowed me to rabidly update all the play store third party applications, which fixed the problem after I rebooted the phone out of safe mode.

0 Likes