Re: Drastically Slower Download in Dallas
burton14e7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine has been good until tonight, found this thread trying to see if others were experiencing an issue as well.  I haven't seen a response from Verizon on here in days.  Sweet....

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

THis is peer to  peer.  Don't expect Verizon to respond here.

Obviously make sure its not your own internal problem.  Then check if others in your area have the problem if you can.

THEN CONTACT VERIZON, by using one of the "contact us" options.  Almost all support is best by calling 1-800-Verizon or using the Webchat.  Other options include using twitter.

queued
Enthusiast - Level 1

You would think the techs would check their own forum before walking you through a million useless steps. Should be 75/75.

laurin1
Enthusiast - Level 3
They do review the forum sometimes, there's a post from one in this thread. Very first response. Not very helpful though.
0 Likes
Sieran
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still having this issue.

Supposedly there is a ticket open for the central office to replace a router, but there has been no update since this past Saturday when another tech was scheduled to come out.  He didn't show, but called to tell me there was nothing they could do at my house and he wasnt sure of an ETA either.

So I called Monday for a bill credit, and to my surprise they did without any questions... but it is now Tuesday and the speeds are still slow.

At least they know where the problem is i guess?  I am just curous how many months I am going to have to call in for a bill credit, and if that will keep up.

0 Likes
Gat33ica
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yet again slow internet speeds.  I am on 35/35.  You would think verizon would address this issue by now.

Download: 11.25

Upload: 29.08

0 Likes
greenpin
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm experiencing slow download and fast upload right now, too...

Download: 8.07 Mbps

Upload:  85.93 Mbps

(75/75 Plan)

Kingofwylietx
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the exact same issue with my new 75/75 internet service. I did get the Quantum Gateway router, which I assumed to be the issue.  That got me searching online for a solution..........and I ended up here.  I'm located in the NE Dallas area.

Gat33ica
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well it has been a few days since I have posted to this thread, but the slowness continues.

0 Likes
tx50cst
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue here still not resolved since dec.