×

Switch Account

Drastically Slower Download in Dallas

Drastically Slower Download in Dallas

Reply
Copper Contributor mattmanb
Copper Contributor
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎01-19-2015
Message 31 of 43
(1,343 Views)

Yes! Same here in Wylie for weeks now. Right now 7.46 Mbps / 76.12 Mbps when it should be 75/75. Every night. for years I have never had a problem until recently.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Posts: 108
Registered: ‎01-06-2015
Message 32 of 43
(1,304 Views)

@mattmanb wrote:

Yes! Same here in Wylie for weeks now. Right now 7.46 Mbps / 76.12 Mbps when it should be 75/75. Every night. for years I have never had a problem until recently.


More People's are reporting same issue,things are getting nowhere!!!Verizon should start issuing or giving credit for their crappy services...............

1.Router: Quantum G1100 (Primary)2.Router :Nighthawk AC1900
3.Speed:75/75 Mbps
4.FIOS TV Ultimate HD
5.FiOS Digital Voice Unlimited
Copper Contributor tx50cst
Copper Contributor
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎01-15-2015
Message 33 of 43
(1,262 Views)

@Predator wrote:

@mattmanb wrote:

Yes! Same here in Wylie for weeks now. Right now 7.46 Mbps / 76.12 Mbps when it should be 75/75. Every night. for years I have never had a problem until recently.


More People's are reporting same issue,things are getting nowhere!!!Verizon should start issuing or giving credit for their crappy services...............


my call with social media tonight started all over again.  They want to send a tech back out during the day... The issue is at night, they cant send a tech out when the issue is occurning...  Sounds like we are going to have this issue for a lot longer Smiley Sad

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Posts: 108
Registered: ‎01-06-2015
Message 34 of 43
(1,229 Views)

@tx50cst wrote:

@Predator wrote:

@mattmanb wrote:

Yes! Same here in Wylie for weeks now. Right now 7.46 Mbps / 76.12 Mbps when it should be 75/75. Every night. for years I have never had a problem until recently.


More People's are reporting same issue,things are getting nowhere!!!Verizon should start issuing or giving credit for their crappy services...............


my call with social media tonight started all over again.  They want to send a tech back out during the day... The issue is at night, they cant send a tech out when the issue is occurning...  Sounds like we are going to have this issue for a lot longer Smiley Sad


Verizon sending second Tech on Monday to fix the problem,OMG! why why why me?Why not release the Cap on the bandwidth?Tech can't fix the problem because problem within their Network!!!Why Verizon why?

1.Router: Quantum G1100 (Primary)2.Router :Nighthawk AC1900
3.Speed:75/75 Mbps
4.FIOS TV Ultimate HD
5.FiOS Digital Voice Unlimited
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 4,437
Registered: ‎12-16-2012
Message 35 of 43
(1,210 Views)

There are no caps on the network, but there certainly can be bad servers and bottlenecks.

Copper Contributor tx50cst
Copper Contributor
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎01-15-2015
Message 36 of 43
(1,179 Views)

@tns_2 wrote:

There are no caps on the network, but there certainly can be bad servers and bottlenecks.


Hello TNS_2 do you have this issue with your service? 

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 4,437
Registered: ‎12-16-2012
Message 37 of 43
(1,163 Views)

Speed for almost all sites has been fine here or my other home.  But of course some sites over the last year have been attrocious, the usual suspects.  No particular change in speed from day vs night. 

 

I am not in Dallas, but when several people were compaining in NY I did not experience problems.

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Posts: 108
Registered: ‎01-06-2015
Message 38 of 43
(1,113 Views)

We are going anywhere with Verizon with this.....................Verizon will not fix the problem because they are the one who create the problem.

1.Router: Quantum G1100 (Primary)2.Router :Nighthawk AC1900
3.Speed:75/75 Mbps
4.FIOS TV Ultimate HD
5.FiOS Digital Voice Unlimited
Copper Contributor mattmanb
Copper Contributor
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎01-19-2015
Message 39 of 43
(1,082 Views)

So, after another call to support last night they agreed to send a tech out tonight. I just got off the phone with him. Really nice guy and straightforward. He said he's more than happy to come out and run some tests but given that I am having the same complaint as many others he has had to go to, he doubts he will be able to fix anything. It is a known issue affecting many people (which anyone who looks at the forums knows) and they are working on it. He said the uproar on social media has been a driving force in them finally paying attention. That doesn't help right now as I am painfully aware but hopefully will get something done soon.

 

He agreed not to close my issue as resolved but instead note that it is still unresolved as part of the greater ongoing outage. He was surprised that there wasn't an outage ticket open for all of us since it is a known thing. Anyway, we're still screwed for now but at least the techs onthe ground are well aware of the problem and are griping about it to their bosses. Like he said, their whole job is to keep us connected and satisfied and with this issue they can't even do that.

 

 

I guess we'll see.

Copper Contributor mattmanb
Copper Contributor
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎01-19-2015
Message 40 of 43
(1,011 Views)

Yesterday morning, according to my logs, between 2:46 am and 3:15 am my wan connection cycled 19 times. Since then I have not had the slow down problem at all in the evenings. Until then I had been every night for a month like everyone else. I am assuming they did something during that time that resolved the issue. I'm curious to know if anyone else, at least in the DFW area, saw any resolution. I am going to post this on some of the other threads too.

How-To Videos
 
The following videos were produced by users like you!
   
Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.


Browse Categories
Categories:
Posts

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.