Re: Drastically Slower Download in Dallas
Kingofwylietx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update on my slow Fios:

I got a tech to come out to test everything.  However, he didn't have the correct laptop with him (apparently, they need a special card in it that is not in all their laptops).  We did about 20 speed tests to confirm it was slow.

Since he didn't have the right laptop, he went ahead and changed the ONT.  Aftewards, we did another 15 or so bandwidth tests and it was averaging around 85Mbps download and 84Mbps up.

While there, he did mention that they had just changed out a bad server in one of their centers.  I hope that new server helped a few of you.......I guess we won't hear from you if it did....lol.

0 Likes
manchu1

Hello,

I reside in murphy,tx area. I am connected to router using ethernet cable. The plan is 50/50. The download speed is very slow. At the max 20 mbps. The upload speed is always around 55mbps.

Any updates on when verizon is going to fix this issue?

The speed test is done mostly during day time.

FIOS speed optimzer will display message that my laptop settings are already optimized.

I have high end dell xps laptop.

0 Likes
healthyscratch
I'm in Murphy, too. I haven't even had Internet service since Wed 4/15. So I am completely envious of y'all who are getting even 5mbps. Must be nice.

I've been told it's a local outage affecting others as well; they did have an ETA, but since that already passed, they don't have one anymore. But they have their top guys working on it. Top guys.

(btw, one of those guys was scheduled to make a service call at my house on Thursday, hope he's ok cuz he still hasn't shown up)

Coincidentally, I just received my monthly Verizon email bill today. Never had a problem receiving that on time. Can anyone recommend a new ISP?
0 Likes