Dreadful service from FIOS Internet....and worse customer service
broperr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Starting two days ago, it became nearly impossible for either of our Macs to access the internet. I called Verizon last night and was told that there were nationwide problems due to a software switch on settop boxes that was affecting FIOS internet, phone and TV. The customer service person said the problem should be cleared up by this morning.

All day today and still tonight, no improvement. I called again tonight, and the customer service persons said she hadn't heard anything about such a problem. She started telling me that Verizon does not guarantee connections unless an Ethernet cable is used, and that their network technicians wouldn't even consider diagnosing a problem unless I tried connecting to the router with a cable.

I asked to speak to a supervisor several minutes ago, and am still on hold. Anyone else having such troubles?

Carol

Re: Dreadful service from FIOS Internet....and worse customer service
Verizonstinks1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon has dreadful service for just about everything.  I'm about to switch to a much cheaper plan with DSL Extreme.  I'm getting rid of my landlines which totally suck big time and goin the route of Vonage.  My bill will go from an obcene $78 per month to about $47.  I feel liberated from one of the worst phone companies in the country!  Customer service couldn't care less since they're getting a salary whether Verizon has satisfied customers or NOT!  I say Verizon:  YOU'RE FIRED!!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@broperr wrote:

Starting two days ago, it became nearly impossible for either of our Macs to access the internet. I called Verizon last night and was told that there were nationwide problems due to a software switch on settop boxes that was affecting FIOS internet, phone and TV. The customer service person said the problem should be cleared up by this morning.

All day today and still tonight, no improvement. I called again tonight, and the customer service persons said she hadn't heard anything about such a problem. She started telling me that Verizon does not guarantee connections unless an Ethernet cable is used, and that their network technicians wouldn't even consider diagnosing a problem unless I tried connecting to the router with a cable.

I asked to speak to a supervisor several minutes ago, and am still on hold. Anyone else having such troubles?

Carol

Then try doing exactly that, to perhaps rule out the Wireless portion of the router as being faulty. If Ethernet works on the Macs, then we'll go from there. If it is still faulty, then it is a problem more upstream which we may or may not be able to solve here without getting a Verizon tech involved.

0 Likes
valier

We are having so many issues on our macs & connecting to the internet. It's keeps going in & out. We also lost our phone line. We are moving in 3 days and will no longer have Fios, so I don't know if it's worth calling about. Just annoyed. Verizon used to be a great service... but not anymore. 

0 Likes
leslie111
Enthusiast - Level 2

You mean you actually talked to a Living Human Being?  How did you do it?  I can't get past the **bleep** computer generated voice making me jump through hoops when all I wanted was to ask one simple yes or no question!!

leslie111
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay I meant to say darn not {word filter avoidance}!

0 Likes