Dropped Internet
shortrosen

Why does my internet disconnect when my phone rings?

0 Likes
Re: Dropped Internet
ohpoleez
Contributor - Level 2

Hi, is it dropping when you are connected wired or wireless? If it drops when the phone rings while you are connected wirelessly, pls move the base station for the phone away from the router.  If it is dropping when you are hardwired to the router, pls call 888-553-1555 option 2.

0 Likes
shortrosen

This problem occurs only when I am on one particular computer.  The computer is located upstairs in my house (far from the router) and therefore, internet is set up wireless.  The phone is hardwired and is at least three feet away from the computer.

0 Likes
ohpoleez
Contributor - Level 2

Hi, try this then, log into your router interface, set it to channel 11 and also set it to 802.11g only and test it. See if that helps.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

The reason for the problem is that both your phone and the internet are both working on 2.4Ghz. The channel change that ohpoleez suggested might  help, but it will not solve the underlying problem of your two devices using the same frequency. Now hopefully the channel change will help enough to be livable. However the only thing that will solve the issue will be to replace the cordless phone to another cordless working on any frequency other than 2.4Ghz.  Like a 5.8 or a 6.0 for example.

0 Likes
shortrosen

Thank you...seems to have worked (thus far).  The router was set on automatic instead of Channel 11.  Now I need to get phone calls to test it.  Thanks again.

0 Likes