Dropped TV and Need Help Adding My Own Router

Dropped TV and Need Help Adding My Own Router

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor two_pancakes
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(419 Views)

I followed the steps in the guide to using your own router with Verizon Fios (which is very helpful and well written, thank you). However, I'm having throuble getting a signal from the ethernet port coming from the ONT. My Verizon router currently uses a COAX cable. After I release the DHCP lease and unplug the Verizon Router and plug my router or laptop into the ethernet port on the ONT nothing happens, the lights on either end of the port don't light up and I can't get Internet. Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES
Platinum Contributor I Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I
Message 2 of 3
(409 Views)

You have to contact support to have them move your internet service from coax to Ethernet.

Try twitter @verizonsupport

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor two_pancakes
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(344 Views)

Thank you!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

My Fios TV App

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios