Dropping connection same time every evening
TigerRider

Lately my quantum router--or somewhere else between there and Verizon, has been losing the FiOS connection.  Unlike other posters the connection does not restore itself after time: I've tried the next day and no connection.

What does work, unfailingly, is for me to hike down to the basement, unplug the router for 30 seconds, plug it back in, and wait for it to reestablish connection with Verizon servers.  Unfortunatly this happens almost every evening around 6 PM and on Friday and Saturday more than once.  I can't help note that it would be to Verizon's advantage to have users drop off during peak load times, whether they want to or not.  I will say that when I restart the router and resume connection the speed is astonishly fast (great wireless router when it's working: 50/50+ speeds).

Is there anything I can do, besides curse the fates when I'm right in the middle of something and hike two flights of stairs? To keep my connection during these peak usage times?

0 Likes
Re: Dropping connection same time every evening
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Which router do you have? Are you on coax or ethernet? Is the internet light going off or changing to a color other than green? What does the computer say when you lose the internet?

0 Likes