Re: E3200 Extender Blinking Yellow Light and No White Light
agjacs

I originally set up the router properly and got white lights on both the router and the extender.  All of a sudden months later I get a blinking yellow light on the extender.  I try pairing closer and it works--get white lights.  When I replug in at the location I originally had the extender I get a yellow blinking slow light.  Too far away.  When I hit the reset button on the extender, I get a solid yellow... it's now indicating that I have no internet connection.  This is by the way, right next to my computer that shows a strong signal.  Maybe I just don't need it but i don't understand why it is behaving this way.  Why is there not enough signal for it all of a sudden?

0 Likes
DunnHouse1

Same thing is happening to me. It used to blink and go back to white. But now it’s just blinking constantly but I have good internet coverage. I recently upgraded my router too. 

0 Likes
Nrt48

Found a remarkable thing! I had the same issue with an E3200 Fios extender, only a flashing yellow light when I moved it to the weak area of the house. T it wasn’t working and tried every reboot, relocation and start-over possible. Frustrated, I downloaded several network analyzer apps and discovered it was in fact WORKING!!! Plugged 2 LAN Cables in for TV and cell phone booster...and all WORKED! This is while the extender light blinked yellow- and still is!!! Don’t know if this always the case, but worth a try.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

The E3200 is uplinked to G3100 right?

Here is the description for LEDs. I believe the yellow blinking occurs only when you turned on the meshed WiFi.

0 Likes
Gman30

Step 1: plug the yellow Ethernet cables together 

step 2: power up the extender

step 3: wait for solid white on both

step 4: unplug bring extended to your room location spot

power it up. You will get yellow light a few times. Be patient. The extended needs to learn your network environment. Go watch TV or go cook something. Boom! Magic. It turned to white!!!!

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Using the wireless backhaul is a last resort solution. Always link with ethernet or coax for stability.

0 Likes
Emosupremo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ditto. Umpteen times. suggestions dont work either paiting c ethernet or by placing the 3200 near the 3100.
Pressing reset doesnt work either. Didnt have this much trouble c my Nighthawk. Fios, get your act straight.

Emosupremo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is an ethernet pairing worse than wifi c no ethernet cable preferred. An inet post elsewhere claims the Fios instructions to use Ethernet cable "leads to problems later on."

??? Bit cryptic, eh.

0 Likes
Emosupremo
Enthusiast - Level 2

This pairing side by side doesnt work. Btw, i have no splitter or coax  Cable in my 3200 box so that option is bogus too.. Shame on Fios.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you login into the E3200’s web GUI? There should be no difference between connecting with an Ethernet or coax for pairing.

0 Likes