E3200 Extender randomly rebooting
yourusernameisa
Enthusiast - Level 2

The E3200 reboots randomly when I use a certain iPad around the house when the connection changes from the G3100 router to the extender. I finally found the problem to be that the name of the iPad contained a space. I renamed the iPad with one word, and removed the old name from any listing on My Verizon and the Apple registration. After a few reboots, and a wait for Verizon to update their files, the system is running great. 

Hope this helps somebody.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: E3200 Extender randomly rebooting
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a known issue with G3100 and E3200, it was acknowledged in several previous posts. G3100 and E3200 are NOT at fault here, the IOS device is culpable.

By containing a special character other than underscores and dashes in the device name, the IOS device violates the regulation set forth by RFC 952. G3100 and E3200 are kind of "enforcing" the rule on behalf of IETF. Ha ha.

View solution in original post

Re: E3200 Extender randomly rebooting
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a known issue with G3100 and E3200, it was acknowledged in several previous posts. G3100 and E3200 are NOT at fault here, the IOS device is culpable.

By containing a special character other than underscores and dashes in the device name, the IOS device violates the regulation set forth by RFC 952. G3100 and E3200 are kind of "enforcing" the rule on behalf of IETF. Ha ha.