E3200 Network Extender over Ethernet not Coax
rnomad
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot get the new E3200 Extenders to work and have had two wasted calls with FiOS support.  The last rep claimed I was lying and had somehow bought them not from Verizon so that is why they did not work.  When I gave him the Verizon order number he refused to apologize and told me to restore my G3100 to factory defaults to fix the issue, which I had already done.  It did not.  Coax connection seems to work ok, but I don't have coax where I need the extenders.  I need to use Ethernet.  Coax is IPv4 but I get an IPv6 connection with Ethernet.  It shows up in the Network Status on the router.  However, I cannot log into to it with the admin password of the router (which the manual says to use) or the extender (which the web page says to use).  Did anyone get an E3200 working over Ethernet?

0 Likes
Re: E3200 Network Extender over Ethernet not Coax
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It should be plug and play. This is mine connected with ethernet. The extender has it's own admin password. You wouldn't use the G3100's password. For example, to login to my extender I would type 192.168.1.152 and that should bring you to the extenders GUI. You are saying you are not getting an IPv4 address when connected with ethernet?

0 Likes
rnomad
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Ethernet connection works if directly connected to the router.  It does not work if you have a switch between the router and the extender.  

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have a gigabit switch or is it 10/100? Having a switch in between shouldn’t be an issue. You can also just connect the other ethernet port of the extender to feed the switch. 

0 Likes
lombardi928

my 3200 is solid white and green link is on, however, my network says its inactive and i cant log into it. the connection is very slow and sporadic. its a coax connection. even tried to just put it next to router and pair it with wifi. still no luck. 

0 Likes
Lm71

Did you use a standard patch cable or crossover?

0 Likes
rnomad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Standard

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

It does not matter whether you have T568A or B arrangements. These days all ethernet devices should have auto-sensing capabilities.

You should disable LAN IPv6. Some devices have trouble relaying IPv4 traffic to IPv6 or the other way around.

Do not attempt to pair E3200 with WPS since that's not the intended method of connection.

You mentioned you have a switch in between. Is that a layer 2 or a layer 3 switch?

0 Likes
spelter1

I'm having this exact issue using a layer 2 switch (Netgear GS108PE). Any thoughts on how to proceed? 

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

@spelter wrote:

I'm having this exact issue using a layer 2 switch (Netgear GS108PE). Any thoughts on how to proceed? 

Does E3200 work if you connect it with G3100 directly with a coaxial cable?

If you are not using MoCA coax, what's the point of buying an E3200? For the meshed WiFi? Can't you buy two Aruba Instant On 11 access points for less than $160? You get enterprise grade meshed WiFi with scalability.

0 Likes