E3200 Very slow WiFi, but fast via Ethernet
VTXS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received my new E3200 Extender today from Verizon.  I set up without any problems and connected to the G3100 Router with a coax cable.  

When plugging an ethernet cable into the Extender I am getting 300/300mbps speeds or higher.   However, the WiFi speeds won't go above 20mbps.  If I disconnect the E3200, the signal from the G3100 downstairs gives us 150+mbps over WiFi.  The ethernet cable speeds is consistent.   I have reset all the devices and the E3200 several times and the Wifi Speeds hover around 19mbps.

Is there any way to fix the slow WiFi speeds on the E3200?

Is the E3200 defective?  

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: E3200 Very slow WiFi, but fast via Ethernet
VTXS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe we have fixed it. I spent several hours doing the Verizon support chat last night , going through all the settings and rebooting the E3200 extender. He said they were all correct. He then suggested a full reset / reboot of the G3100 router.  After that it the WiFi  started working with high speed. Checked the settings again and everything is the same.  
They couldn’t give me a reason as to how this fixed it. But it’s still working today. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

More information please. How did you setup the WiFi on E3200? What is the color of the front LED on both G3100 and E3200?

0 Likes
VTXS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe we have fixed it. I spent several hours doing the Verizon support chat last night , going through all the settings and rebooting the E3200 extender. He said they were all correct. He then suggested a full reset / reboot of the G3100 router.  After that it the WiFi  started working with high speed. Checked the settings again and everything is the same.  
They couldn’t give me a reason as to how this fixed it. But it’s still working today. 

0 Likes