E3200 extender will not wirelessly sync with router
losingmymind2

I purchased the new fios one router and then needed to get the extender. I got the new e3200 b/c I require a wifi connection to the router. i turn it on, the light eventually turns solid yellow (light green? it's hard to tell). i press and hold until it blinks blue, I do the same with the router which also blinks blue, and then they both turn solid blue for about 30 seconds. then my router goes back to solid white and the extender goes back to solid yellow (light green?!) and....nothing happens. the end. no syncing occurs.

called tech support. bla bla bla we need to send you a new extender. they did. exactly the same thing happened: solid yellow (light green??!!)

tech support. bla bla bla we need to send you a new extender. they did. exactly the same thing happened: solid yellow (light **bleep** green???!!!)

3 extenders. same problem with all of them. tech support doesn't know what's going on. i find it hard to believe i received 3 consecutive defective extenders. maybe a defective router? i have no idea. losing my mind. please send help.

0 Likes
Re: E3200 extender will not wirelessly sync with router
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try moving the extender in the same room as the router while syncing. Then move the extender to the desired location. 

0 Likes
gshu

have exact same issue - have tried syncing dozens of times with both devices in same room, sitting side by side, one on top of the other, opposite side by side, .....

0 Likes
DamonTA

Did you ever solve this?

0 Likes
gshu

no

0 Likes
No510

Same issue. No idea what to do. Hopefully can return this.

0 Likes
AMundie

I had the same issue when I first received my extender... spoke with MANY different tech support people.  Finally found a person that tried LOTS of different steps.  It FINALLY got setup.  THEN today I contacted tech support bc my wifi keeps going out.  They had me do a hard reset and now I can't get the extender to sync with the router!!  AND I can't remember what we did to finally fix the sync issue... UGH!!!  If I figure it out I will post the resolution!  

0 Likes