EARLY TERMINATION FEE THAT I WAS NOT TOLD ABOUT
ptrnjna
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just moved to a new address and checked my bill and was charged $186.00 so I called Verizon and was told that $97.50 was for an early termination fee!  I didn't even terminate my contract (that only had a few days left on it anyway).  So I called and the agent couldn't help me so they put me in touch with a manager.  A half hour later, said manager was unable to offer me anything....and then suddenly he was able to offer me a rebate of half of that.  If he can suddenly offer me half, why can't he offer me the entire amount rebated?  I never once agreed to this charge.  Not to mention- I DIDN'T TERMINATE ANYTHING- I just moved to a new address!  I feel completely taken advantage of.  On top of this, I wanted to resolve this issue immediately, but the manager insisted there was no one else who would talk to me, so I had to write a letter to: {edited for privacy}.  I have been a Verizon customer for a long time and I find this fee to be extremely excessive- especially as a 'ghost fee'.  If I was told about the early termination charge, I would have never agreed to it.  I would have let the contract expire- especially since it was only days away!  I cannot believe how Verizon takes advantage of people and I want to cancel my services because I do not want to pay for something I never agreed to- regardless of the fact it was only $97.50.

0 Likes
Re: EARLY TERMINATION FEE THAT I WAS NOT TOLD ABOUT
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ptrnjna,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes