ETF when moving to area with no FIOS availability
dgwall
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am astonished that Verizon would enforce an ETF when I would prefer to keep my services but they are not available at my new location.  In fact, when I signed the contract I was told verbally that if we moved the ETF would be waived, and good customer relations would certainly dictate that it be waived.  I had hoped that within a year or two my new location would have Verizon available, but now I'm committed to staying away from them regardless, just out of principle.  

I've have spent thousands of dollars with Verizon over the last 15 years.  And they are willing to forfeit any chance at any future business with me over a $100 ETF that any reasonable company would waive considering both my circumstances and my long history with them.

So my service is finished next month, as is my future relationship with this extremely short-sighted company.

Re: ETF when moving to area with no FIOS availability
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

As been mentioned multiple times before, hwo does Verizon confirm you are actually moving and not just saying that to get out of your contract?
You enjoyed the benefit of no cost increases during your time (and possibly some discounts).

Verizon gave you that in exchange for a 2 year commitment.

I know people have to move at times unexpectedly, but that is how it goes.

All that being said, you may get an offer to have it handled, but no guarantee.

0 Likes
jwohler
Enthusiast - Level 2

Going through the same thing here. They seem to be pretty obstinate about their position even though it goes againt their own terms of service.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@jwohler wrote:

Going through the same thing here. They seem to be pretty obstinate about their position even though it goes againt their own terms of service.

It doesn't go against their Terms of Service.

0 Likes