I have no way of contacting Verizon FiOS directly, so hopefully someone monitoring these boards will see this.
I am extremely dissatisfied with this company in general.
1. The technician that was supposed to come to my home and install my internet never showed up for the original appointment. This tech claims he was here, but I was home alone all day. I did not hear a doorbell ring, a door knock, and my dog did not bark. I had to wait until the next available appointment.
2. Once the tech came and finally installed my internet, he failed to put a battery in the box in the garage. I spoke with a customer service agent over the phone. He told me I did not need a battery in the box, that it was specifically for if you had a home phone but he would happily walk me through silencing the extremely annoying beep that the box gives off every ten minutes telling me the battery needs to be replaced.
3. I also spoke with the same tech about my router which kept dropping my wireless signal (after only a day of being installed). He was happy to work his little magic on his end and reset my router. Ok, great.
4. The next day, I woke up to beeping again. I again went through the routine to silence the alarm, and sure enough, about 12 hours later, had to do it again. I have been pressing a button or listening to a loud beep every 10 minutes for the last three weeks. Well, a few days ago, my fiance and I had had enough.
5. I called Verizon again. They said that what the previous agent had told me was false and there should always be a backup battery in the box. Why would the technician that came to install my service not put one in? Why would he not look at the box and see the battery light or hear the beep before he left? I asked them to please send me a battery and that I would install it myself, or send someone out to me to install it since they did not do it correctly the first time. They LAUGHED AT ME and told me they were NOT going to dispatch someone to come out to my home just because I didn't have a battery. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! So I asked if they could send me one and they said sure but it would be something like $30. So wait, now I have to PAY for a replacement battery because there was none there to begin with, AND the technician was too busy talking on his phone to pay attention???
6. I had them transfer me to billing where I finally convinced the woman that there was in fact no battery in the box to begin with and she said she would waive the fee. Ok, fine.
7. I got back on the line with the same agent again, and ordered the battery. I also explained that whatever magic the first agent I spoke to tried to do on my router was not working as it was still dropping the signal. He said no problem, he would send me a new router.
8. A few days later, the router arrived in the mail with an invoice that also listed the battery. I figured since the battery was not included in the package with the router that maybe it was coming in a different box. I waited four days. No battery.
9. Called Verizon AGAIN. Spoke with a new agent in billing. Asked where the battery was. They said it was delivered. Well obviously not, or I wouldn't have had to call again. I asked if they could ship another one. She then proceeded to argue with me for a good 10 to 15 minutes and WOULD NOT waive the battery charge again. I finally hung up on her because her lack of professionalism and bad attitude got the best of me.
10. Today, I logged onto my Verizon account. SURPRISE! I have a notification saying my bill is going to be coming out of my bank account automatically- TOMORROW. Wait, what?? I never enrolled in auto pay, and I have yet to receive a bill period, paperless or otherwise. I managed to un-enroll myself from auto pay and paperless billing. But now I can not stop the automatic payment that I was NOT NOTIFIED about. My bill is due on the 12th of Feb. Why on Earth is my bill coming out tomorrow? AND without my permission?
I hope someone who monitors these boards will read this and think about the company they work for. Verizon charges an arm and a leg for their services. That would be fine if I was getting the customer service and internet service that they so highly speak of.
Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.
Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. We're glad the tech was able set everything up for you. If you ever need anything else, please let us know in a new public thread.