Early Termination Fee (ETF) on No Annual Contract plans?
SamuelW1

I have a no annual contract plan with promotional pricing (signed up under their frontpage deals). I've had my service for about a year and a few months and the promotional pricing lasts for 2 years from sign-up. I am trying to cancel and I spoke to an agent who said that if I cancel, I will be charged an Early Termination Fee (ETF) because I received promotional pricing.

Is this true that no annual contract plans can have ETFs? Anyone else experience this?

0 Likes
Re: Early Termination Fee (ETF) on No Annual Contract plans?
jonjones1
Legend

If your paperwork states No Contract (month to month) then you would owe no early termination fees.

I would contact first your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via a google search and notify them of what is happening.

i have no contract but i did not have a plan. I had been given a price of $74 for 150/150 and it came with discounts of $15 that expired in one year, and the $10 that expired at end of year two.

i upgraded to gigabyte for a few dollars more but was given a $60 discount that never expires. But i can leave at anytime.

0 Likes
Re: Early Termination Fee (ETF) on No Annual Contract plans?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SamuelW,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes