Early Termination Fee
tomservo1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ive seen several posts on this and, IMHO, Verizon needs to address a portion of their early termination fee assessment. In August I had to move for work, where I relocated did not offer Fios or any other Verizon service. I was a customer, or more realistically, revenue source, for Verizon for upwards of 8+ years at my previous residence. When I cancelled my service - again, because I moved to an area without service options - no one mentioned this early termination fee but there it was, nice and big, on my final bill. These are the same people that took over a week to restore my phone, internet and tv service when it went out (but did have the courtesy to credit me the grand sum of @ $3.50 for my trouble). In short, it strikes me at best as a questionable business practice and I can assure you that Verizon will never see one more dime from me as a customer. I wil be happy to share my thoughts with friends and family who might be considering Verizon as a provider.  

0 Likes
Re: Early Termination Fee
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi tomservo,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We'll be closing out this case due to your request.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes
tomservo1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, due to my request. More like due to my total disgust with your organization. But same diff.

0 Likes
THis757

The crazy thing is I had the fee canceld a while back but then my move got put on hold and when i went to ask to cancel the early termination fee again they assessed the fee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love their cable service and wish i could take it with me...but i can't because of some contract they have with some entity.!!!!!!!!!! its almost like Verizon is my landlord and charging me an early cancelation of rent!!!!!! **bleep**.....how is this legal????????? YOU CAN"T OFFER A SERVICE IN MY AREA SO YOU WANT TO CHARGE ME????? sorry we had to move and could not continue your service......sorry i will not be recommending your service to anyone ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes