Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Early termination

tampaipv6
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Early termination

Message 1 of 4
(737 Views)

Don't suppose anyone has found a way to have an ETF voided?  I've had Fios service since early 2007 and am now moving to a location without Fios.  Last fall I dropped my TV services as I wasn't using them.  I made it quite clear to the rep on the phone when doing this that I would be moving once my new house was complete.  He said that would not be a problem.  I guess I should have gotten better clarification that "not a problem" really meant "not a problem to cancel and be charged an ETF later".  In any case, seems ridiculous to hit a customer of eight years such a fee, especially given the fact that I've only received a new piece of equipment once; I have certainly not cost Verizon money.

Phone rep had no interest in discussing it or escalating it; "that's our policy" over and over.

3 REPLIES 3
Telcoguru
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Early termination

Message 2 of 4
(730 Views)

Did the rep sign you up for a new 2 year contract when you dropped your TV service?

tampaipv6
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(694 Views)

Apparently, although it wasn't really conveyed to me clearly.  I made it clear to the rep I had a home under construction and planned to drop the service in a few months.

CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(671 Views)

You probably got an email after you changed stating what you were getting.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title