Re: East Coast Internet Slowness
amais
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seems there is thread on Broadband Reports as well.

http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r26004194-Northern-VA-packet-loss-

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I'm sorry to hear about your connection problems. Please send me a private message if this is still continuing.

iplayvideogames
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seems it has been fixed (for me at least). My normal upload/download speeds are back! Yay! Game on!

faded
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's still acting up here. (Tampa, Florida.)

Have been using FIOS for years now. It's *never* been this bad. It's always been reliable.

satchow
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in the DC area and I've been getting awful speeds lately.  Last night, I went to speedtest.net and the results were: 350ms, .09 down, .18 up.

Yes.  .09 down and .18 up.  I pay for 35/35 so this is disgraceful.  Checking the network status page, it keeps saying that Verizon is working hard to fix the outage by 6/xx/2011 15:03 EST.  But whenever it gets close to that time, all they do is up the day by one. 

It's been like this since Thursday, and the speeds fluxuate so fortunately it's not at .09/.18 often, just sometimes.  They're lucky they hooked me on with a 2 year contract or I'd be gone.

amais
Enthusiast - Level 2

@satchow wrote:

I live in the DC area and I've been getting awful speeds lately.  Last night, I went to speedtest.net and the results were: 350ms, .09 down, .18 up.

Yes.  .09 down and .18 up.  I pay for 35/35 so this is disgraceful.  Checking the network status page, it keeps saying that Verizon is working hard to fix the outage by 6/xx/2011 15:03 EST.  But whenever it gets close to that time, all they do is up the day by one. 

It's been like this since Thursday, and the speeds fluxuate so fortunately it's not at .09/.18 often, just sometimes.  They're lucky they hooked me on with a 2 year contract or I'd be gone.

What is the link to that status page, I would really love to see/use it!

My speeds are back, but I'm still getting massive packet loss. I would contact support, but I don't feel like switching back to the craptiontek router.

satchow
Enthusiast - Level 1

@amais wrote:

What is the link to that status page, I would really love to see/use it!

My speeds are back, but I'm still getting massive packet loss. I would contact support, but I don't feel like switching back to the craptiontek router.

http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/fiosinternet

Click FiOS Services Affected by Weather and go through the prompts.  I'm not sure if that only updates due to weather related outages, but it's better than nothing.

Chutsman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, for the past week I've noticed slowness in bringing up web pages.  I'm in Brandon, FL near Tampa.  Today is looking okay although still too early to tell.

Dafreakzo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in NJ and for the past week have been getting speed up to 20mbps download and 6mbps upload.  Very strange that when you connect to a west coast server your speeds are fine.

Mikeinva2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having terrible connection speeds with FIOS lately,especially on facebook.I don't think it's the servers though but instead is most likely the shoddy equipment verizon has given us as we've been having problems with the TV boxes too ever since day one of their installation.

I don't know about anyone else but I'd rather go back to direct tv for television & dial up AOL for internet because FIOS is just crap & NOT worth the money we pay for it each month.