Email Delays and Blacklisting Information
vmodell
I am having email delays including no delivery. The people at Network Solutions told me I was blacklisted on two sites: sorbs-duhl and spamhaus. I am not a spammer and do not broadcast so I am not sure how this happened. Verizon told me I needed a business account which is crap. I sent/receive 75 emails/day and there are no transactions performed. Can someone tell me how to get off these lists?
0 Likes
Re: Email Delays and Blacklisting Information
Techman28
Master - Level 1

what you will need to do for yours go to white list and fill out the info there and will be taken care of asap

I verified that what needs to be done

0 Likes
bbranco
I have the same problem, Verizon tells me there are no problems.  I cant even send from Verizon's web site out never mind my corporate address with their SMTP servers.
0 Likes
vmodell
I have filled out the White List form and appreciate the feedback. I have now removed verizon as my outgoing server and everything is working fine. The problem is definitely under the control of the Verizon bureacracy. I will report back on the response time and also test to see if everything gets resolved. Thanks.
0 Likes
bbranco
 Which one did you fill out?
0 Likes
vmodell
The hot link that Techman 28 posted above. You should probably just do it as a precaution if nothing else. Good luck.
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
you want to fill out the user form not the ISP form.
0 Likes
timo888

The OP writes "I have now removed verizon as my outgoing server and everything is working fine." However, for those of us who need an outgoing SMTP server, and yet our Verizon IP address is blacklisted, what are we to do?   Verizon has told SpamHaus not to allow unauthenticated email from a range of IP addresses, and my IP address is in that range. And anyway, my email should be authenticated--the SMTP server lets me provide my Verizon username and password, which I've provided.

0 Likes
vmodell
I would suggest you follow the procedure from Techman28. I spoke to people all over Verizon world about this problem and got nowhere. Someone from Network Solutions was able to tell me I was blacklisted which was a blessing because I had no way of knowing. All I knew was some of my emails were delayed for 18 hours and others were never delivered. I am not sure who got mail and who didn't for the last month. My phone became my best friend again because it was the only way I could verify that people were hearing from me.  I like to think I know a bit about this stuff but this is way over my head. Why, how, who, when are all questions I would like to have answered but until Techman came along no one from Verizon was useful. The people I spoke with had very little training and tried to blame me for the problem. I suspect this is much bigger than the 3 of us.
0 Likes
timo888

I didn't fill it out because the instructions talked about RECEIVING emails. Anyway, when I click on the link, it doesn't take me anywhere, though it did earlier in the day.  I'm fed up with this hassle.

0 Likes