Email --Receiving' reported error (0x800300FD) : 'Unknown Error 0x800300FD'
datart
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't had any issues with email till now...in outlook 2007, I am not getting or sending emails without getting this msg..I have to close outlook, sometimes more than once, and then i get/send email.This is a temp fix.  i haven't touched any settings,  i have plenty of hard drive space so that is not an issue . I can't work with this happening and I need to fix it pronto

also, did a test within outlook to test the settings, it sent the msg below but i got after shutting down outlook and restarting it

This is an e-mail message sent automatically by Microsoft Office Outlook while testing the settings for your account.

0 Likes
Re: Email --Receiving' reported error (0x800300FD) : 'Unknown Error 0x800300FD'
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

According to Microsoft, this error is due to not having enough space in your "Temp" folder. This is where your computer stores temporary files, and it can be full even if you have plenty of space left on your hard drive.

This is relatively easy to solve, they provide instructions for emptying the Temp folder:

Empty the Temp folder and the Recycle Bin

To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type temp, and then click OK.
  2. Clear the contents in the Temp folder.
  3. Delete all the files from the Recycle Bin.

I would also like to point out that, while this directs you to the C:\WINDOWS\Temp folder, it does not clear out the C:\temp folder.

If you want to clear out C:\temp as well, you can do the following:

1. Click Start, click Run, type %temp%, and then click OK.
  2. Clear the contents in the temp folder.

Once this has been done, test your client to see if the issue is resolved. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Re: Email --Receiving' reported error (0x800300FD) : 'Unknown Error 0x800300FD'
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@somegirl wrote:

I would also like to point out that, while this directs you to the C:\WINDOWS\Temp folder, it does not clear out the C:\temp folder.

If you want to clear out C:\temp as well, you can do the following:

1. Click Start, click Run, type %temp%, and then click OK.
  2. Clear the contents in the temp folder.

Once this has been done, test your client to see if the issue is resolved. Hope this helps!

If you want to change where the temp data is stored right mouse click my computer and select properties, advanced, environment variables.

There will be 2 sets one under user and one under system. The user ones will be specific to a particular user which I guess is why mine are set to where they are as this machine is a member of a domain.

TEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\Peter\LOCALS~1\Temp
TMP=C:\DOCUME~1\Peter\LOCALS~1\Temp

extended

C:\Documents and Settings\Peter\Local Settings\Temp

You can go in and change the variable path by selecting a variable and hitting edit.

0 Likes