Email Servers and Internet Speed recently????
JKennedy
Enthusiast - Level 3

In all the time we've had FiOS we've never had a problem that lasted long but the last several days, email servers are flakey at best.  I just discovered that a number emails with critical doc's attached have never made it to the recipient.  Some have, many have not.

In testing again, anything going out on Verizon is subject to maybe or maybe not.  I've used another non-verizon account to get everything sent.  The email issue couldn't have happened at a worse time and has cost me several days of a critical transaction.

Internet speed and reliability has now been buggy for about 1 day now as well.

Anyone in the North Texas, Flower Mound area also having continued problems? 

Problems that are obivous are not able to connect to the server.  Even when checking 3 verizon accounts at once, 1 might check fine, the next not so much and the next may time out.  Next, all 3 may be fine. Of course now I find that outgoing email has been lost.  Or, everything times out.  Almost every time thought, it's much slower than usual.  Same on any PC in the house.

0 Likes
Re: Email Servers and Internet Speed recently????
VZ_Kim
Contributor - Level 2

Hi JKennedy, I'm sorry you're having trouble with your email and I apologize for any inconvenience. There haven't been any widespread reports like the one you're having.  Based on what you reported, it sounds like you use a client based email like Thunderbird, outlook or macmail rather than verizon.net to access mail? If you're using a mail client, there may have been an update that contributed to your issue. If you're still having the issue, you can try sending the same email on verizon central and see if it times or if it actually sends.

As far as your speed, the 2 aren't connected, but if you think its slower than usual, try running a speedtest at speedtest.verizon.net or speakeasy.net/speedtest. If its significantly lower than what you pay for, we can do some troubleshooting to determine the cause. Please send me a personal message if you need some help with this.

0 Likes