Email Whitelist
danamck

My main email address is provided to me as an alumni of the University of Chicago.  It is domain uchicago.edu.  The advantage of using this email address is that when I switch providers, I only have to do an update in one place.  When I first switched to FIOS a little over one month ago, I had problems receiving my uchicago.edu email in my Verizon account.  At that time, I requested the uchicago.edu be added to the whitelist so that I could receive my email forwarded from my uchicago.edu account.  For about four weeks, I was receiving all my emails with no problem.  About one week ago, I stopped receiving emails.  It appears that uchicago.edu domain is no longer on the whitelist.  I found some posts that had recommendations about checking my Verizon account blocked and safe sender settings.  I have followed all these recommendations and am still not getting my email.  I have submitted a request via web site to have uchicago.edu added to whitelist.

My question is -- how can I make sure that uchicago.edu domain stays on the Verizon whitelist PERMANENTLY so I don't have to keep experiencing this problem every few weeks???

Any suggestions or help anyone can offer is GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Email Whitelist
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Verizon's blacklisting system is dynamic, in this case meaning it changes based on changes in volume. If there is a large enough amount of spam coming from one address/domain, it will be blocked. A whitelist request can be submitted and the team that handles those requests will review the block and remove it if it is deemed to be a legitimate request. HOWEVER, if that address/domain goes above spam thresholds again later down the line, it WILL be blocked again.

The best thing to do is submit a whitelist form whenever the domain gets blocked. You can try to contact the owner of the domain and request that they monitor their outgoing traffic levels more closely, but how much headway you will make in that direction is dependent on the third party.

0 Likes