Email continually asking for password
jlr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Using Eudora (sure love this proggie and wish someone wold pick-up development on it) at work (a separate business verizon account) and Apple Mail on my Macs I am recently having to repeatedly enter my Password. Using the same programs I get no such demands from my .Mac account.Verizon doesn't know from Eudora and suggest I reinstall the software. This is happening at work n 6 different machines

Any ideas? or anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks! 

Re: Email continually asking for password
mattheww50
Contributor - Level 2

Try re-entering the name of the POP server in your Eudora program. Also look in the task status window (make sure it is displayed), and see if there is anything there. For certain types of statuses returned by the email server, the response by Eudora is to ask you to re-enter the password. It is probably related to something Verizon did on their end.

Also make sure the settings in Eudora are correct for your Verizon email account, they get SNAFU'd occaisonally.

0 Likes
jlr
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thank's Matthew... status sez Athentication Failed... my settings are correct... since this is happening on 5 other Macs and all started the behavior at the same time, I do suspect Verizon's Authentication server.  I was hoping others had the same issue (coldhearted of me, isn't it).
0 Likes
mattheww50
Contributor - Level 2
Call Verizon and ask them to 'reset' your account. Authentication errors are almost always a problem on the other end. Either your account has been deleted, or locked. I've had it happen as well, and it went away when Verizon re-set the account. (They also locked up my personal web space).
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Are you using the same or different email addresses for incoming and outgoing mail?
0 Likes
jlr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same... I just knocked the email domain off the user name section - we'll see if that helps.

Thanks for your feedback. 

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
When you go to personalities and setup your incoming and outgoing mail it should ask for the password the first time you go to get mail and that is it. Make sure you only have the one personality entered.
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend
Check the security settings on the mail server configurations. Just an idea.
0 Likes
jlr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, all... so far so bad... oddly, using Mail at work no problems... Eudora at work has the problem... Mail, at home, is problematic yet it plays nice with my .Mac account as well... since this is recent behavior and I've changed no settings on any account, I am perplexed

Screwy... 

0 Likes
MickeyS
Enthusiast - Level 1
This is happening to me with Entourage for Mac. Sporadically I get a message saying that it cannot authenticate. I retype the password and it works, weird!
0 Likes