Re: Emails that I send are being blocked
fiosuserpa

It is very underhanded and maybe illegal business practices on how they are doing things and I will not stand for it, they will simply lose my multi-thousand dollar a year account. I will find someone else who will gladly provide me with the services I need, I'm so livid over this, they cost me money now not just time.

0 Likes
Shirley4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not the person that asked the original question but as best as I understand the original question, the email was being sent using a Verizon account. If so then problems sending email using other domains would get better attention if they were in a thread (discussion) with a relevant subject.

For me, the message I tried to send was being sent using a Verizon account.

0 Likes
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3

temporary issue

Vz is largest US source of spam

Switching outgoing server to port 587

voices.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2009/02/verizon_to_implement_spam_bloc.html   

0 Likes
Shirley4
Enthusiast - Level 2
Verizon has not yet switched off use of port 25 so I don't understand the relevance here.
0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Hello All,

There have been many reported issues of this coming from customers of several ISP's. As soon as I find the information specific to Verizon on how to deal with this issue and how to correct it, I will post it here for you.

Regards,

0 Likes
Shirley4
Enthusiast - Level 2
Note that the original question seems to be a problem with Verizon and totally nothing caused by anything or anyone else outside of Verizon. It I am misunderstanding what the original poster is saying then I hope It is clarified. For us, we are convinced that the problem is with Verizon and totally nothing caused by anything or anyone else outside of Verizon and we hope Verizon gets the message and fixes both problems; the problem of an inability to send email and the problem of customer support agents that are far too confident and persistenly insist that there is no possibility that the problem is internal to Verizon when in fact it is.
0 Likes
thompa
Enthusiast - Level 1

... just catching up with the thread...

I am the original poster and I am still having problems.

Of 25 emails I tried to post yesterday - all to different addresses... none of them could be sent from my Verizon account. I ended up sending them from my Google account. None of them were SPAM.

None of the 25 that I tried to send made it through the Verizon 'screen'.

At the moment I am reluctant to use Verizon for my email until there is a system that I can use to validate my email addresses - a 'white' list is needed.

I don't mind extra security- indeed I welcome it - but it should not get in the way of usual email traffic.The current system of just 'bouncing' back a legitimate email and, on connecting to the indicated web, being advised to forward the email to a third party with no indication of the result is just unacceptable.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

thompa, 

I have never experienced the "spam" problem you are seeing while using Port 25 on Verizon. However, I just went in and changed my Outlook Express outgoing SMTP server port from 25 to 587 and it also sent just fine to an email address I have at AT&T. So I suggest those of you that are experiencing the inability to send email to try changing the port and see if that fixes the problem.

I don't know where thompa or anybody else is, maybe Verizon has gone ahead and implemented the limintation on Port 25 on the mail server you just happen to be using?

I don't think it could hurt to try changing the port, and if it doesn't work you can always change it back.

Just a suggestion.

Keller, TX 76248 

Message Edited by Justin on 02-18-2009 02:36 PM
0 Likes
Shirley4
Enthusiast - Level 2
thompa, can you post the error message that you are getting, or at least tell us if it is similar to the one I got?
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

ok I'm going to see what's going on here.

is the error 550 that you are getting?
Message Edited by Techman28 on 02-18-2009 04:01 PM
0 Likes