End of service billing refund
allison21

I am extremely frustrated with the lack of information given about Verizon Fios accounts. There is no good way to ask questions and Verizon makes it nearly impossible to get in touch with its customer service. Probably to mask how ridiculous its terms and conditions are.

I cancelled my Fios cable, which was being paid by my previous employer for work purposes, on 11/29 at which time I was told the service would be shut off that day and I would be sent a box to return my cable box and cords. I was not, however, informed that I would be charged through the end of my billing cycle, which had just started ON THANKSGIVING DAY. So because I was celebrating a holiday when typically all stores and services are closed, I was billed for the full month and my cable was disconnected five days later. I called Verizon customer service (the number was intentionally difficult to find) and was told that Verizon does not prorate its end bills, which is completely ridiculous as every other cable and utility company does. I was told that I could've used the service to the end of the month and had it shut of then so that at least I was getting the service I was paying for. I was not told that when I originally disconnected the service, and the fact that I would have to SPECIFICALLY ASK to receive service that I was ALREADY PAYING FOR is ridiculous. I had paid for that service, so I deserve to either get the service or not pay for it.

I want a prorated version of my bill, or my roommates and I may have to reconsider our Fios internet service as well or call the utilties commission. This is absurd.

0 Likes
Re: End of service billing refund
ThiaB
Moderator Emeritus

Hi allison2,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes