Engineering Hazard
Itawm

Once FIOS was installed on our street we've had ongoing problems with the "manhole" cover for the connection box.  Every time it rains it pops up and floats.  We not only worried for our own safety when mowing near it, but neighbor kids could easily get injured.  Given that we've called to have it secured several times over the years, such an injury could represent a liability to Verizon, so I'd think they'd have an interest in resolving the situation.  Unfortunately calling tech support only results in a tech coming out.  Some in the past tightened it down which was fine until the next big rainfall.  One said there were various cabinets and the one we had was noted for having the problem.  The one today just said there was nothing he could do other than notify his supervisor and that if I repeated calling I'd end up being charged.  From other postings here it sounds like getting directly in touch with engineering only happens via this forum, so I'm giving it a try.  Any chance we can get this resolved?

0 Likes
Re: Engineering Hazard
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Itawm,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes