Error: 0x800CCC19 in Windows Mail on Vista
kevt1964

I am getting the following Error: 0x800CCC19 in Windows Mail on Vista connecting to my FIOS email account. Was working fine, but just started getting this yesterday. Tried clearing out all email through the web mail access, but now it's doing it again today. This has been working for over a year, so don't get it.

0 Likes
Re: Error: 0x800CCC19 in Windows Mail on Vista
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

From Microsoft's support website:

These error messages may occur if Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Outlook Express cannot establish a connection with your e-mail server. These error messages are frequently caused by one of the following:

• You are not connected to the Internet or a network, or your mail server is temporarily unavailable.
  • Your account settings are incorrect.
  • Your user profile in Outlook is damaged.
  • An e-mail item on your POP3 server is damaged.
  • The configuration of your AV software is incorrect.
  • Outlook Express was removed from the computer or the installation is damaged.
  • The configuration of your personal firewall software is incorrect.

The support page for this error is located here and contains some troubleshooting steps you can try. My first step though, if it has been working and suddenly isn't, would be to check you antivirus/security software. They may have pushed an update through that enabled/altered an email scan, causing the timeout.

0 Likes