Error Message when logging on 2nd user on XP
Marta

I have an XP system with two users. For the past week or so, an error has been displaying when you log on the 2nd user. The error is an IE explorer window that says "This Web Page can not be displayed" and there is a little red Verizon logo in the upper left corner.

I ran MSConfig on the 2nd user and there is a line to run something called redirector. The command line is:

C:\Program Files\Verizon\McciBrowser.exe -AppKey=Verizon -URL=file://C:\Program Files\Verizon\OfflineUpdate\redirector.htm

I do not have this line in my startup on User1. I also do not have a folder called OfflineUpdate under my Program Files\Verizon which is why it is failing. I suspect that what ever it was removed itself after it ran and a multi-user logon was not considered in the program design. But I'm not certain. I have FIOS Internet, TV and phone. No blackberry or other device that I may sync mail to.

Does anyone have any idea what this is?  My plan is to either disable it with MSConfig - or just remove the RUN key from registry but I'd like to have an idea of what it was

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Error Message when logging on 2nd user on XP
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nothing wrong with disabling it in MSConfig for testing reasons.

It causes issues, you can re-enable it.

0 Likes