Etender WCB6200Q Question - Connected to G1100 router via coax
Rcgus
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently installed a Fios Extender.  I used WPS to mirror the settings but my 2.4g performance is now down 70% and my 5g SSID on the extender now displays text added on to the original 5g as "2.4-5g".  Performance on the extender over 5g is good but the 2.4 is terrible.  Any idea why?  Should I manually change the broadcast SSID on the extender to match exactly the 5g SSID on the gateway?  I thought it was supposed to do that during set up.  All the passwords seem to have cloned.  Thank you for any suggestions or similar experience.  I hope I posted this in the right place and this makes sense.    

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Etender WCB6200Q Question - Connected to G1100 router via coax
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don’t need to hit the WPS button to sync them up. It should auto clone the SSID/Password when connected to the coax. 
I would hard reset it first and give it like 10-15 minutes to clone the router. Is the coax light on the 6200?

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don’t need to hit the WPS button to sync them up. It should auto clone the SSID/Password when connected to the coax. 
I would hard reset it first and give it like 10-15 minutes to clone the router. Is the coax light on the 6200?

Rcgus
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its interesting.  The quick install guide says its not necessary to use the WPS button but the manual says to use it in order to clone.  I was confused.  Yes the Coax light is on/flashing like its moving data.  I will try a hard reset and see if it clones automatically.  I got the impression with out the WPS, it would use the network with two new SSID and not clone.

Thank you for the response. 

Rcgus
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did as you suggested and it seemed to do the trick.  All is well.  Thank you for taking the time to solve my issue.  Greatly appreciated !!!