Re: Ethernet AND Coax WAN?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. 

Note you still need the Ethernet Wan connection to go directly into your Verizon Router.  From your router you can attach 4 Ethernet devices or add Ethernet switches to one of the connection to add even more devices.  The MOCA COAX connection can be split pretty much anywhere in your home as long as the splitters go up past 2mhz and are two way.  Additional MOCA adapters can be added anywhere such COAX lines exist.  E.g. I have an extra Verizon router, that I have settings changed to be essentially just a switch that allows another 4 devices at another location in my house.

You must have the MOCA COAX and Etherenet connections made to your router if you have TV service (Verizon boxes) or other MOCA devices as all MOCA traffic to the intenet must go  via MOCA to the router and out your Ethernet connection to the ONT.

broey6
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you ; really helfpul.  Can i still get 150/150 if i just use a MOCA 2.0 Adaptor? Rather than pull the Ethernet ?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don't believe so.

My understadning is that for 100M and above, Verizon will only provision via Ethernet.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

None of the Ont's, as far as I have heard, support MOCA 2.0 speeds.  So strictly used IN house between routers and STB's.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes