Ethernet Jack on ONT
erdoc2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been trying to use the Ethernet Jack which is on the front on my ONT next to the 2 telephone test jacks.  There doesn't appear to be a connection through it though and the green light on the ONT which says "ethernet" is not lit.  Is there a way to turn this jack on so I can run a ethernet cable from it?

Thanks very much

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ethernet Jack on ONT
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

I'm presumming you have internet with your Fios and if so, they enabled your service to operate over Coax to the router.  Initiating broadband from the Ont is fed via Coax, or ethernet.  It won't work out of both.   You can contact the Fiber Solution Center and have them activate the ethernet port.  You should have your ethernet wire already in place when you contact them so they can ensure it's functioning.

Considerations you need to be aware of.  Do you subscribe to Fios Tv?  If so, you will need the ethernet wire from the Ont to the Wan of the router, and you will also need the Coax fed into the router.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

I'm presumming you have internet with your Fios and if so, they enabled your service to operate over Coax to the router.  Initiating broadband from the Ont is fed via Coax, or ethernet.  It won't work out of both.   You can contact the Fiber Solution Center and have them activate the ethernet port.  You should have your ethernet wire already in place when you contact them so they can ensure it's functioning.

Considerations you need to be aware of.  Do you subscribe to Fios Tv?  If so, you will need the ethernet wire from the Ont to the Wan of the router, and you will also need the Coax fed into the router.

0 Likes
erdoc2
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thanks very much for the reply.  I will run a separate ethernet cable to the router instead!
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
If you have Television service the Ethernet is not instead of coax, you will need both installed to get VOD, Guide and Widgets.
0 Likes