Ethernet connection on Verizon 2.4GHz and 5GHz. How do I change 2.4GHZ up to my 5GHz network speed?
SpeederFOIS
Enthusiast - Level 2

My existing Verizon FIOS connection internet as 2.4GHz and is too slow and bogs down way to much.  How do I change my existing SLOW 2.4GHZ network connection up to my other higher 5GHz network speed?

I know I paid for the 2 higher speeds and need to decrease the "spining circle" slow downs?

0 Likes
Re: Ethernet connection on Verizon 2.4GHz and 5GHz. How do I change 2.4GHZ up to my 5GHz network sp
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which router do you have currently? Also, what devices are you generally using? Moving to 5Ghz would require both router and device support.

Re: Ethernet connection on Verizon 2.4GHz and 5GHz. How do I change 2.4GHZ up to my 5GHz network sp
SpeederFOIS
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is the new 2.4GHz/5.0GHz Router with 10/100/1000 speed.  Wifi 5 GHz = FIOS-88cx-5G is in the manual for 5.0 GHz part of the 2.4GHz / 5.0GHz Router I rented from Verizon.

Thanks.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

As my friend stated both the router and devices must be capable of connecting at 5 GHz. The router is capable of the connection. But is the device? You can see if it is when attempting to connect the device. It will list 2.4 & 5 GHz connections. You then click on the faster 5 GHz and you should connect. If your device does not show 5 GHz then you cannot connect at the higher speed.

0 Likes