Ethernet from ONT on Fios internet-only monthly plans
halfdone
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm looking at possibly getting Internet-only FIOS 100/100 month-to-month service.

1. As it's month-to-month, I'm able to cancel it in the first month without termination fees or having to pay someone to remove the ONT?

2. If anyone recently gotten this particular service, what ONT model did they end up installing.

3. Importantly, has anyone recently gotten this particular service setup with ethernet from the ONT? I would prefer to have that setup from day one to avoid having to rent/buy moca equipment and they need to leave my existing coax as-is since I need my old services running at the same time, atleast temporarilly. The phone rep said it might only be availible with 1gb service but posts here and other places online seems to differ on that.

I work in IT and I know that ethernet is the standard setup for FIOS business but I'm not familar with residental stuff.

Thanks!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ethernet from ONT on Fios internet-only monthly plans
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Even if you cancel, they don't remove ont.

You can request Ethernet for all internet. Anything over 100mb is Ethernet.

They will push you to get their router.

Support will be less if you use your own router.

But being in it, shouldn't be an issue.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Even if you cancel, they don't remove ont.

You can request Ethernet for all internet. Anything over 100mb is Ethernet.

They will push you to get their router.

Support will be less if you use your own router.

But being in it, shouldn't be an issue.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you get 100/100 it have to be a gpon ont so depending on your area with be arris 1000g or Nokia 211ml. But even though 100 mbps can be on moca verizon will typically run ethernet on every on every data job now regardless of speed ordered.

halfdone
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks everyone.

I talked with a few sales reps and one told me ethernet was only availible with 1gbit service and another wasn't sure. I went ahead and ordered the service and they did set me up with ethernet right off the bat. They provided the Alcatel I-211M-L ONT.

The installer said they always install internet service with ethernet these days, as mentioned here. He had me register the service using a temporary verizon router he had but then cleared lease and worked first time with my personal firewall.

0 Likes
Stolbug

I had no such luck. 100 mpbs new service with no ethernet port on ont. Not sure how i could rectify without paying a big service fee.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Stolbug wrote:

I had no such luck. 100 mpbs new service with no ethernet port on ont. Not sure how i could rectify without paying a big service fee.

All ONTs have an ethernet port. Are you saying it is connected and not working or you can’t find the ethernet port. 

0 Likes