Ethernet wiring for 100/100
Amitshah

I am upgrading my speed from 50/50 to 100/100. Right now I have coax and I want to have a ethernet cable. Right now my ONT box is in the Garage. for 100/100 will verizon run ethernet cable from my garage into the house? Will they hide the wire or I have to do myself? which is the best way is it to pre wire my self before they come or let them do?

0 Likes
Re: Ethernet wiring for 100/100
jonjones1
Legend

@Amitshah wrote:

I am upgrading my speed from 50/50 to 100/100. Right now I have coax and I want to have a ethernet cable. Right now my ONT box is in the Garage. for 100/100 will verizon run ethernet cable from my garage into the house? Will they hide the wire or I have to do myself? which is the best way is it to pre wire my self before they come or let them do?

That totally depends on your present situation. If the ONT does not need an upgrade then you would just have ethernet run from the ONT into your home router. Depending on its physical location Verizon installer will run the line via the same route as your coaxial was run. Drill through the wall etc.

however if Verizon doesn’t send a tech out you would have to connect it yourself.

or hire someone to do it. Additionally if you have tv services your routers coaxial would still need to be used for VOD and menu.

if internet only then no problems.

0 Likes