Re: Excessive Email Spam
impossible

Recieved over 70 spam emails in last 24 hours mostly advertising perscription drugs.

Never had the issue prior to yesterday.

0 Likes
BigEddie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Day 2 - The spam keeps on coming.

FIX THIS VERIZON OR I WILL start using GMAIL - a much more reliable email service!!!!!!

Going to call Tech Support again today.

0 Likes
impossible

I've been satisfied for 2.5 years with all Verizon services EXCEPT for their web mail.

Happy with customer service, Fios, internet, phone, wireless... but Verizon Webmail sucks! Very buggy!

It's also annoying that paying customers have to see advertisments on the Webmail home page.

0 Likes
BigEddie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I contacted Live Chat Tech Support and the person  instructed me to contact  the spam group -  spamdetector.update@verizon.net.

Sent them an email.  See if anything gets done....

0 Likes
KenIsaacson
Enthusiast - Level 2

BigEddie,

You mean "customer service" didn't say "Oh, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Since this is OUR problem and not YOURS, instead of passing the buck to another department and putting the burden on YOU to carry that buck over there, I will alert the appropriate people here and see to it that they address the situation. I know that YOU are very busy and do not have time to chase down OUR problems, so please get back to doing your work while WE do OURS."???

They didn't say that to you??? I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you.

(Please do let us know if you get any response from spamdetector.update, other than an automated response that does not even begin to address the issue.

Best,

Ken

BigEddie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Looks like Verizon may have fixed the spam problem. Spam email is appearing in the SpamDetector folder this afternoon. Maybe our efforts contacting Tech Support have worked!!

Now - If Verizon would rewrite the awful Web interface (i.e. poor navigation functions, advertising, slow performace, timeouts, poor presentation, etc), using the Verizon Webmail could be less annoyingMan Mad

0 Likes