Existing Customers
Retlaw1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Placed and order to upgrade from 100/100 internet plus phone bundle to 400/400 internet plus phone bundle.

Price stays the same as I pay now, so it seems thats a good deal and no extra costs for upgrading.

Meanwhile, I am a current Direct TV customer, so I discussed with agent about changing over to FIOS. I can get FIOS TV added at a lower price than I pay now. But have to pay a 99.00 FIOS setup charge. Why, when this is waived for new customers?

I can also upgrade to the GB connection internet service close to the price that I currently pay but I have to the 99.00 set up charge plus 149.00 FIOS internet speed upgrade charge. 

How is this customer service??

New customers mean more to Verizon fo 2 years than existing customers that have been longtime customers.

Meanwhile, I am a Verizon cell service customer... Starting to rethink my options with being a new customer every 2 years for everything at one time.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Existing Customers
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

The setup charge should be waived because you are not a new customer. It should only apply to new customers who did not order Fios service online.

The speed upgrade fee can be waived if you run an Ethernet cable from the ONT to the router yourself (if you are comfortable doing it yourself, you may need to hire an electrician), and ask a representative to switch the data from coax to Ethernet on the ONT before ordering. The fee cannot be waived if you have an old ONT that requires upgrade for faster speed.

Ordering TV service may incur an additional monthly surcharge of $20-30. You may also need to pay $12/month for a STB or rent video cards at a nominal fee.

View solution in original post

Re: Existing Customers
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

The setup charge should be waived because you are not a new customer. It should only apply to new customers who did not order Fios service online.

The speed upgrade fee can be waived if you run an Ethernet cable from the ONT to the router yourself (if you are comfortable doing it yourself, you may need to hire an electrician), and ask a representative to switch the data from coax to Ethernet on the ONT before ordering. The fee cannot be waived if you have an old ONT that requires upgrade for faster speed.

Ordering TV service may incur an additional monthly surcharge of $20-30. You may also need to pay $12/month for a STB or rent video cards at a nominal fee.