Existing customers contract renewal
suid

I've been a Verizon FIOS customer for around  6 years now and my contract has been expired for awhile. My question is that I went  to try to upgrade my services with a 2 year contract and the price they quoted me for the same existing services is $20 dollars more? What the heck? The only reason I really want to upgrade is because of the new Gigabyte service and that's even an additional $30 dollars on top of the extra 20 dollars for a 2 year contract. This is messed up. Comcast is offering a better deal which would save me over $100 dollars not as fast as the gigabyte service but at 200Mbps speeds  VS the 100Mbps I'm getting right now for a hell of a lot less. What's wrong with this picture? Could anyone please shed some insight on this. If not I'm planning on switching ASAP because this is **bleep**!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Existing customers contract renewal
jonjones1
Legend

@suid wrote:

I've been a Verizon FIOS customer for around  6 years now and my contract has been expired for awhile. My question is that I went  to try to upgrade my services with a 2 year contract and the price they quoted me for the same existing services is $20 dollars more? What the heck? The only reason I really want to upgrade is because of the new Gigabyte service and that's even an additional $30 dollars on top of the extra 20 dollars for a 2 year contract. This is messed up. Comcast is offering a better deal which would save me over $100 dollars not as fast as the gigabyte service but at 200Mbps speeds  VS the 100Mbps I'm getting right now for a hell of a lot less. What's wrong with this picture? Could anyone please shed some insight on this. If not I'm planning on switching ASAP because this is **bleep**!

Unfortunately new customer pricing is better than existing customer pricing. Other companies also do the same thing.

you can call 1-800-VERIZON and at the voice prompt say "cancel my services " this will get you to a customer retention rep. They may make a better deal. However in the event they won't I would simply cancel and have a family member or friend sign up as a new customer at your address and then cancel and the new sign up will get you the better pricing.

Good Luck 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@suid wrote:

Unfortunately new customer pricing is better than existing customer pricing. Other companies also do the same thing.

you can call 1-800-VERIZON and at the voice prompt say "cancel my services " this will get you to a customer retention rep. They may make a better deal. However in the event they won't I would simply cancel and have a family member or friend sign up as a new customer at your address and then cancel and the new sign up will get you the better pricing.

Good Luck 

0 Likes
RIPOFF_SPECIAL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is notorious for ripping off their customers.  In Maryland, attorney generals office fined Verizon for cheating on $300 Rebate.  They won't mail your promised rebate, unless you call in several times.  They need oversight from goverment.   They currently offer $79.95 for Gigabit Internet service for NEW customer, but they charge $191 for the same service for EXISTING CUSTOMER.  For All Existing customers, please cancel the service and sign up 2-3 month later.

jonjones1
Legend

@RIPOFF_SPECIAL wrote:

Verizon is notorious for ripping off their customers.  In Maryland, attorney generals office fined Verizon for cheating on $300 Rebate.  They won't mail your promised rebate, unless you call in several times.  They need oversight from goverment.   They currently offer $79.95 for Gigabit Internet service for NEW customer, but they charge $191 for the same service for EXISTING CUSTOMER.  For All Existing customers, please cancel the service and sign up 2-3 month later.

Actually that is partially incorrect.

i am a present customer and upgraded from 150/150 to gigabyte internet only for $20 more a month. My 150/150 service was $84 with no taxes and a Surcharge. I now pay $104 and the $60 credit never expires. Gigabyte retails for stand alone at $195 but existing customers can get the deals I recommend you visit http://www.dslreports.com 

and look at the Verizon Fios forums.

Good Luck

0 Likes
wmcnaught

I have a better rip off story.  I left my triple play deal for 4 months last year and decided to return because the phone service offering me a cheaper service actually was actually charging more.   I returned to the triple play deal in January but for the past six months have been paying TWO bills a month for about $50 extra per month.  I first complained in February and have been told about 6 times now the problem would be fixed in two billing cycles.  Now I have received notification I shall be starting a new service at $200 a month: more than double what I was paying last year: no recognition that Verizon owes me a refund.  Changing my verizon email address with my many contacts is a colossal pain but incompetence like this makes Comcast look better and better.  How can all this competition between cable companies be giving us Higher Price?  It makes no sense.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Neither Verizon or Cable companies care if you leave because they know you will be back a year or two later when your contract ends. Unfortunately in most cases if you want a triple play deal there two options. The phone company or cable company. You can get tv from satellite but you still need Verizon or Cable for internet. 

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi wmcnaught,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Scaplan
Enthusiast - Level 1

My contract is up in 3 most.  Verizon is offering new customers the same package I want for 94.99 but for me its 154.99.  Goodbye Verizon and hello Comcast - heading to the Xfinity store this afternoon.  Funny thing is that when I talked to a Verizon rep I asked if they would rather have 95/mth or nothing - the answer was "nothing".  Ok !

jonjones1
Legend

@Scaplan wrote:

My contract is up in 3 most.  Verizon is offering new customers the same package I want for 94.99 but for me its 154.99.  Goodbye Verizon and hello Comcast - heading to the Xfinity store this afternoon.  Funny thing is that when I talked to a Verizon rep I asked if they would rather have 95/mth or nothing - the answer was "nothing".  Ok !

I would wait to leave if under contract. There are still early termination fees.

comcast will still be there in 3 months. Be proactive not reactive.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will probably see the same thing happen when your contract with Comcast expires.

This is quite common with service providers.

New customers get a better deal than existing ones.

0 Likes