Experiencing lag lately in gaming online (Final Fantasy XIV) (NJ Area)
Joey-Zaza
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I have Verizon FIOS (75/75) and lately have been experiencing terrible 'rubberbanding' type lag in the game that I play online (Final Fantasy XIV).  I use a wired connection too!   I can't do any kind of content in the game anymore during certain hours due to my lag.  I can't dodge bosses attacks because I am often 10 seconds behind what is actually happening.  It started mostly at the start of May and it's usually around 6-10 EST during the week.  I have contacted SE about it and Verizon about it, and SE has stated that it is not on their end (nobody else is experiencing lag).

The customer assistant for Verizon openly stated that the problem may be on their end, and he walked me through certain steps to help (none of them worked), and I feel sort of helpless here.

I recently signed up for a two year contract which is unfortunate since I am thinking of switching over to Optimum (the only other provider in the area).

My question is what can I possibly do to escalate this?  And is anyone else in my same boat?

I have tried talking to people on the phone this will be my THIRD outreach to Verizon on the matter, and I'm frankly getting irritated by the lack of help.

Thank you for your time.

0 Likes