Explorer Connection when watching video on Verizon site
Mike2016

I have a brand new Acer computer that has Windows 8 on it.  When using Explorer to listen to Sirius XM radio or to watch video through Verizon, I get a message saying there is a problem with Explorer and it shuts Explorer down.  I am not having this problem when using Explorer to browse the web visit web sites.  Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Explorer Connection when watching video on Verizon site
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which version of Internet Explorer are you using? The Full screen "Metro" Internet Explorer browser or the one you can launch from the Desktop in Windows 8? Windows 8 ships with Internet Explorer 10 so I don't need to know "version" in that stance.

Your best bet here would be to go after the Adobe Flash Player. That plug-in, especially after updating in recent months has been nutorious for making browsers misbehave. While at your Start Menu, search for "Programs and Features" under the Settings section of your system and open that up. You'll want to find both the Adobe Flash ActiveX and the Adobe Flash Plug-in Entries (one or both may not exist) and remove them if they are present. From there, visit http://www.adobe.com/ and use the links on the right hand side of their page to re-install the player in both IE, and in another browser if you have one.

Remember: Make sure you let the page load and UNCHECK the box for Google Toolbar before pushing the download button! We don't want to make another potential problem.

0 Likes