Switch Account

Extender setup, connected but not working correctly?

Extender setup, connected but not working correctly?

Contributor exconrailchris
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(166 Views)

Recently I had taken posession of the Verizon Network Extender of which i do not believe is doing its job, or doing it correctly.

Case in point. Ring floodlight cam.  Originally 35 f from my FIOS router and was showing an RSSI of 38.

WIth the extender about 10-15 ft from the floodlight cam, its now showing the RSSI as being 72. Still using 2.4ghz.

I had originally enabled the SON (Self organizing network)setting, but after 2.4ghz absorbed the 5g I disabled it so i could let my devices choose the band. Either enabled or not, the Ring cam RSSI was still about 70.  Could it be a password issue with the extender not having adopted the original routers settings?

Not much if any instructions or trouble shooting tips come with the extender.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Gold Contributor V Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Message 2 of 2
(157 Views)

The extenders should automatically pair with the router and adapt the SSID/password from the router. If it doesn’t there will be a separate SSID like Home-XXXXX. 

They might also be on the same 2.4  GHz channel. You can download a wifi analyzer app on your phone to verify. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.