Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Extending FIOS to my address

dereksas
Contributor
Contributor

Extending FIOS to my address

Message 1 of 2
(534 Views)

FIOS does not currently service my home address, but I know there are people whose house is literally 200 yards away that has FIOS. Is there a way to pay Verizon to extend to my address? When I called the person told me that they cannot do anything but that I might consider calling the Verizon Corporate office to ask. I have no idea how to do this and cannot find such a number on the web site. Has anyone ever done this before and knows exactly who it is I need to contact?

I have found that Comcast (which is in the same situation...does not service my address but is available less than 200 yards away) has a process where you put in an order and they look into it and call you back. I have the order in with them and I'm waiting for their call. But I'd like to do the same with Verizon if I can.

Thanks...

--Derek

1 REPLY 1
tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Extending FIOS to my address

Message 2 of 2
(524 Views)

Short answer No.

If you are just past the boundary of the areas they agreed to cover, then its not coming in the foreseeable future.

If however its just an error that was made or in there database, they will still run lines to your area.  You need to contact them and ask them to have engineering check out your address.

In general Verizon has announced that they don't currently plan to expand FIOS to any new areas where they don't already have commitments.  This may change in the future.

Remember these forums are peer to peer.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title